With cloud-based systems like Xero, QuickBooks, HubSpot, MYOB, Salesforce it is important to have a backup of all data. Not just as a safety precaution when the system is down but also for an easy migration to a new system. In the following step by step instructions, we demonstrate how you can achieve a backup in SQL Server with Acterys. The SQL Server relational format is database standard that is supported by nearly any client tool (e.g. Excel, Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
1. Start a subscription at https://www.acterys.com/start-your-trial/
2. Once your tenant is ready (shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes (there is a free, assisted onboarding with a specialist available)
3. Go to the “integration” menu and choose the the system of choice: Xero, HubSpot, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Dear Inventory and MYOB
4. Login to your account(s) – you can add as many companies as you like to one backup database
5. This will now automatically load all data in the optimal format, that caters for multi company handling. Among others adding unique keys so that data is clearly associated with the specific company in a multi-company environment. The format also automatically caters for consolidation requirements when a holistic picture across multiple companies is required.
6. The data is stored in relational tables that reflect the particular subject area e.g. journals, invoices, contacts, deals, etc And can be access with a variety of options:
After that you can add the necessary table(s) to Excel and have «live link» from there. When for example the data in one of the source systems (Xero, HubSpot, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Dear Inventory and MYOB) changes, it will automatically update in Excel: